I Didn’t Plan to Build an API Company

I just wanted reliable market data.

That’s how this started.


Hey, I’m Phạm Trung Phi Thành.

I’ve been working as a full-stack developer for the past 7+ years, mostly in the .NET world — building systems, fixing things that break at scale, and designing architectures that (hopefully) don’t fall apart at 2AM.

Right now, I’m a Technical Architect at AIA Vietnam.

But this isn’t about my job.


It started with frustration

At some point, I wanted to build something simple.

A small project. Maybe a dashboard. Maybe a tool.

Nothing crazy.

I just needed market data.

And somehow… that became the hardest part.

  • APIs were slow

  • Data didn’t feel reliable

  • WebSockets were either overcomplicated or poorly documented

  • Everything felt like it was built for enterprises, not developers

I remember thinking:

“Why is this still so painful?”

So like most developers do when they’re annoyed…

I decided to build my own.


That “small project” didn’t stay small



At first, it was just for me.

Something simple:

  • fetch price

  • stream data

  • make it fast

  • make it clean

But then I kept going.

I started caring about things like:

  • latency

  • connection handling

  • scaling WebSocket connections

  • API key systems

  • real-world usage

And somewhere along the way, it stopped being a side project.

It became:

👉 RealMarketAPI

A platform focused on one thing:
delivering real-time market data that developers can actually use without fighting it.


What I’m really building



I’m not trying to build “just another API”.

I’m trying to build something I wish existed when I started:

  • simple to integrate

  • fast enough for real-time apps

  • reliable under pressure

  • built with developers in mind

Because if you’ve ever tried to build anything related to trading, charts, or analytics…

you know the pain isn’t in the UI.

It’s in the data.


Why this blog exists

This blog isn’t going to be polished.

It’s where I’ll share things as they happen:

  • mistakes

  • weird bugs

  • scaling issues

  • decisions I regret

  • things that actually worked

And sometimes:

  • quick tutorials

  • small wins

  • or random thoughts while building

Nothing theoretical.

Just real stuff from building a real product.


A bit about me (outside the code)

I like music.
I drink a lot of coffee.
And sometimes I think I’m funny (I’m not).


If you’re building something…



If you're working on:

  • trading tools

  • dashboards

  • bots

  • or anything that needs real-time data

I built this for you.

👉 https://realmarketapi.com/


I didn’t plan to build an API company.

But here we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Frustration to RealMarketFeed

Introduction to Telegram Bots: How Automation Is Changing Messaging